Friday, May 4, 2007

Back to Georgia... again!

We made another trip to Georgia. The house that we had hoped to buy... well, that deal fell through. It seems that with foreclosures there are more limitations on the buyer. Steven and I came to stay with Jeff and Karen Farmer (our lead church planters) from Tuesday night through Saturday morning. We have been on another mad house hunt for the last few days. This time we leave with about 3 possibilities. We pray that if one deal falls through, we will still have another option.

I am not any closer in finding a nursing job. Like I said, there are alot of jobs here, but mostly in Atlanta or further than I want to travel. I am still earnestly praying that God will send that "perfect" job just for me! Please pray along with us. We are coming upon a very stressful time.
Steven will have final exams, we will be packing, starting a new job, settling in a new community, starting a new church, sending our kids to school for the FIRST time.... all in the next 3-4 months.

With all of this, who needs extra stress? When we made the decision to move and start a new church, we new that Satan would be hot on our heels! Just two weeks ago my Mom, Beverly, had to go into the hospital and was there for 3 days undergoing a battery of tests. She was having short-term memory loss and confusion. All the tests came back negative, so really we don't know what was going on. I feel that this was Satan's way of trying to throw me off course. Of course I want to be near my Mom and Dad and help take care of them when they need it, but God has called us to Hiram, Ga! I have to walk by faith in this situation.

"Oh Lord, be gracious to us; we wait for you. Be our arm every morning, our salvation in the time of trouble." Isaiah 33:2

No comments: